Orchard Crops Farm AdvisorUC Cooperative Extension
328 S. Madera Avenue
Madera, CA 93637-5465
559-675-7879 ext. 7209
SpecialtyPeaches, Plums, Figs. Merced & Madera counties. Merced County Phone Calls ONLY for Pistachios, Almonds.
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Nut Crops - General
- Stone Fruits - General
- Trees - Ornamental / Landscape / Shade
- Soil, Plant, Water, Nutrient Relationships
- Management of Saline and Sodic Soils and Salinity
- Urban Forestry
- Gordon, Phoebe; Niederholzer, Franz (2018). Harvest and post-harvest prune tasks. Orchard Notes; Grower News from the California Prune Board. August. https://www.californiadriedplums.org/august-2018-growers-newsletter-harvest-and-post-harvest-prune-tasks
- Gordon, Phoebe (2018). Stink bugs and lygus bugs - bane to fruits (and nuts, too!). Dispatches From the Orchard Newsletter. March.
- Lara, Jesus; Pickett, Charlie (2018). Stinky in high numbers: what's new with brown marmorated stink bug in California? CAPCA Adviser. California Association of Pest Control Advisers. February 2018, 44-48. February.
- Gordon, Phoebe (2017). Assessing Infiltration in Orchards. West Coast Nut. JCS Marketing. November, 2017, 14-18. November.
- Gordon, Phoebe (2017). Navel Orangeworm - what can we do to prepare for next year? Dispatches From the Orchard Newsletter. Winter 2017. December. http://cemadera.ucanr.edu/newsletters/Dispatches_from_the_Orchard72615.pdf
- Gordon, Phoebe (2017). Remember fumigation and rootstocks when prepping for new orchards. Dispatches From the Orchard Newsletter. December. http://cemadera.ucanr.edu/newsletters/Dispatches_from_the_Orchard72615.pdf